View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 02:00 AM   #308
philip
Regular User

Saw Day Earth Stood Still tonight. Had very low expectations, since local paper gave it a one star and that usually means unwatchable.

I'm a SF fan so I'm going to see it regardless.

First lots of good trailers for future SF movies, including Star Trek and Terminator 4. All future SF movies coming out look real good. Terminator 4 opens Late in May of next year. Looks real good with Batman as John Connor. Certainly looks alot better than Terminator 3.

Second with low expectations, I wasnt expecting much and it was a pleasent surprise that it was reasonably good.

Since the Day the Earth Stood Still, the orginal, was a classic, they actually followed the plot of that movie. From the previews it looks like it is a totally different movie, but it isnt. Yes there are changes, Washington is New York, the little girl is a little boy.

Jennifer Conneley is the single mom, just like the orginal. She is very beautiful and watching her for two hours is worth the admission.

Kathy Bates plays a very good, bad girl, secretary of defense. Neo is Neo no surprise there.

Only problems are Gort is kind of lame, and they get preachy about the environment. Bigest error is they dont follow the orginal close enough so we miss the best part of the orginal movie. Yeah I was hoping that was still going to happen at the end, but no.

So I would give it a B or B-, but remember I like movies.