View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #42
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo8 View Post
Or I am right, which, actually, happens to be the case. Finish your sentences, please, it doesn't take much time.
Although a better use of time would be to learn what the muzzle velocity of .338 is, and how much distance it covers before slowing down to 1320 fps.
Which, of course you are wrong, as I put a minimum velocity to indicate 1/4 mile per second. Which, I am right. But any fool can see that.

I'm talking power to weight. 2.6 litre engines are lighter than 8 liter ones.
Whoa, somebody doesn't know about the effect of repetitive wear on cylinder walls, and how thick those have to be to maintain those "extreme" levels of "street boost" Higher pressure equates to more angular motion of the piston within the sleeve. Thicker walls equates to higher weight, higher boost equates to reduced reliability, stronger materials equates to reduced quality control, and over stressed specific points, and joints that isn't measured on a more malleable part.

No one drives a timed lap intentionally slow. Maybe it's better for this car. Or do you seriously think that if Chevy could post, for instance, a 6:50 time, they would say "Oh, we don't need it", and settle for 7:26?
Talk to Walter Rohl, that is exactly what they do at Porsche.He can, and does lap faster... but not for PR releases of lapped times.

Look at the video, and its quite easy to observe a large amount of short shifting; the end result, a slower lap time. .... that is incredibly fast.