View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 04:23 AM   #43
peruccy
Regular User

I don't have the 164 anymore... A few weeks ago, I've also sold all the Trabant V6TB project parts. A guy needed the turbo kit for a AR155 2.5V6 project, but I told him if he wants the parts, he has to buy everything. So he did. So unfortunately the Trabant project is no more...

Now sad news about the 166. A few weeks ago I went to the tuner, the only one in our country, who does mostly Italian cars and has the correct emulator for this car's ECU. And even he couldn't make any proper chip tuning, because of the extreme limitations of this Motronic ME2.1 ECU. Since I've put a bigger turbo on it and extremely big pipework (for 500HP+), turbo spool is not the best. 5500rpm max boost, 6300rpm revlimit So to make the best of this high spool, we decided to up the revlimiter to 7800rpm. Sounds good! At least I will have 2300rpm of usable power. Thing is, even he didn't know where the revlimiter map is, because of such an "exotic" ECU. He said he will contact some Italians about it, and let me know. Two weeks have passed and still nothing. So I pretty much gave up on the idea of having ~300hp in this car. It is a wonderful cruiser with excellent ride quality, but it is not intended for tuning. Leaving it in stock 205hp form is when it is the most satisfied.

But that's not for me. I need to have a car with tuning potential. Therefore, after much consideration I have decided to keep the 166 as is, for leisure driving. And for the 5 year old inside me, I will get another project-car-toy. Goes by the name Skyline It will be imported. I have all the info I need about the import, and a transport arranged. Money is ready, and in about 2-3 weeks time, I will go to Germany and import it. Looking at 4-5 candidates. We are in contact so all I need is to wait for my transport to be ready - he goes to Germany twice a week, so he is quite busy. I am prepared to go 1200km for the right Skyline, so I want to be 100%, which one to buy. My budget is limited however, so realistically, the one I can afford is an R33 and not R34. But more of that when the time is right...

'talla
peruccy is offline   Reply With Quote