View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
dingo
Regular User

My impressions on the car.....well I'm not so good at putting it into words (like TT manages), but here are a few points.

The sound is the first thing that gets you, even at idle or just rolling around the pits you can sense something special lies beneath. Then once the bypass valves open (4000rpm or whatever it is) it gets more menacing, and in the Spider you can hear it all so well. Once you get up above 200kmh or so the wind noise gets a bit irritating (we had the roof down) but who am I to complain.

The F1 box seemed an improvement (over the 360), obviously hard to tell as passenger but they sure felt quick and alot smoother than in the CS/360 Spider.

The brakes - I think I made my point on them already, definately the standout feature of the ride! :shock:

One thing I would be doing if I had an F430 and tracked it is buy some proper seat belts, as in the corners I was flung all over the place - not held into my seat at all. :bah:

The owner also wanted to practice lauch control but unfortunately we discovered the LC button was broken so no playing around with that unfortunately.....maybe next time.

Its obviously hard to get a true impression of the driving experience from the passenger seat, so in August (when I've been promised a drive of an F430 in Alice Springs) I'll give you guys a better insight.

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
...Did they take lap times?
No, but from the video I timed the F430 at about 68-69secs.....I would say the GT2 was about the same, I don't think it would get around the corners as well as the F430.