View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #41
666fast
Regular User

I guess this thread is as good as any other.

Thanks to RC, I've decided that I need to swing my dick and get an HDTV. :p Only problem is, space and money. I don't have as much to spend as you guys, so looks like I'll be swinging half a pack of rolaids.

Anyway, any help or recommendations would be appreciated.
I'd like it to fit on my current entertainment center, the shelf is 32" wide and just under 30" tall. I'd like it to fit in there. I don't want to buy all new furniture.
Being that I'd need a TV that small, would 1080p even be worth it? From what I understand, the smaller the TV is, the less likely you'll notice a difference between 1080p and 720p.
At some point, I'll be making the switch to Blue Ray or HD DVD, or both if the dual format players are worth it. If I went with a 720p TV instead of 1080p, will I be missing out, or will it still not matter because of the size?
Obviously, the Xbox 360 will be hooked up to it and at some point a PS3. So, the required inputs for those will be needed. Being able to hook my PC up to it would be a very nice feature, thought it isn't a neccessity.

Anyhow, I'm looking to spend about $1500 Max. Are there even any 1080p TV's available for that?

If anyone has a recommendation, I'm open to suggestions!