View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 AM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
There are many exceptions to trespass. For instance, you can go onto other people's yards to pick up runaway balls, dogs etc.
No you can't "just go into someones yard" - you do so at your own risk.

Those "No Trespassing" signs you see people put up are ther eof ra reason. Actually, anyone foolish enough to jump my fence to retrieve their ball will be face to face with 90lbs of German Shephard cross Rhodesian Ridgeback and most likely shit themselves before the dog uses his teeth fo rthei rintended purpose.

And if he doesnt like the taste and I still feel threatened I have a Romanian wench to help me out.

I doubt any local politicians get shot during their door-knocking rounds.
Depends on the party and the neighbourhood - there are politcians whom no damn well what doors to avoid.

Simply walking onto someone's front yard is not threatening unless they are carrying implements or weapons.
So according to the fists of a powerful man are not weapons? If I don't like the way you look, and you come to my door - you must be prepared to be greated how ever I see fit - again, its my home, not yours

Your belief of threat has to be reasonable. It is an objective-subjective test. If you saw a bored police officer approaching your door, ordinary people would not immediately apprehend a bad dose of police brutality and start reaching for their guns, and if you did, you would be being unreasonable.
No it would not be unreasonable, which is why a bored cop wouldnt just walk up to a door looking to stir up trouble, he would be doing so because he had a reason to, and in that case if his reason was law enforcement, he would be anticipating resistance and quite ready for what ever was hiding behind the door.

I will concede that in the case of David, this was not the case, but uniformed police officers tend not to engage in indiscriminate slaughter of the general populace.
Doesnt matter - those cops had no legal grounds for being on his property - all they had to do was have brought a warrant with themselves to deflate the situation and be 100% in the right and clear - bu tthey knew full well their raid of his property was uncalled for and illegal. Had he been up to no good on his property I would be hopign the cops would go in guns blazing and shoot his arse ig he so much as blicked wrong - but they had no business being there.

In the case of a break in, you can definitely get away with killing people. However, why kill if you don't have to? Most burglars aren't killers. They just want to steal electronic goods to hock so they can buy drugs.
So? Why should I not shoot the guy in the face then? He is stealing my property and invading my house - he shouldnt be there - period.

If the going gets tough, they go somewhere else.
You have not been exposed to many drug addicts commiting crimes have you? If the goig gets tuff, they kill people.

If the police start taking all your stuff illegally, it is not going to kill you.
No, but it just might kill them.

You'll get the stuff back after they realise they fucked up and can't use it. If the police want to arrest you, just cop it or they will definitely engage in some police brutality. There is no point causing controversy, because even if you are justified in killing someone, it is up to you to prove it.
You break in, you get killed - end of story. Nothing very complicated to understand.

I fully understand the principle of self-preservation. It is a life-saving principle, where you put yourself out of harm first before attempting to rescue others. It has nothing to do with pre-emptive killing.
Actually, self-defense IS pre-emptive killing - that's the entire point, kill or be killed.

Every year, many burglars eat the lead popsicle as they break into peoples houses, and thankfully in most States of the Union now, the home owner is not charged when they kill the burglar.