View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 06:33 AM   #5
1zippo1
Regular User

thx for the responses guys and you're right in saying that I wasn't clear enough. So I'll fill you in a bit further.

The structure of my paper is going to be something like this:
- quick overview of the Belgian car industry. Which are the big car production companies, which brands do they sell in Belgium, who are the big importers.
- 2 or 3 interviews with some of the CEO's in charge in big companies like Ford Genk for instance (my uncle will help me with that)
- an historic scetch of the most important M&A in the car industry the last decennia.
- case study: Porsche buys 19% of VWAG
- conclusion: in general the the rule applies that car companies get swallowed by the big concerns or die off

What was I looking for:
- anything on important M&A that happend in the last decennia. I'm not making a financial study but more of general strategic analysis. What are the reasons for M&A in the car industy, why has it become neccessary to join a big car concern? And how if this relevant to the Porsche-VWAG case?
- any studies of the belgian car scène (I'll get that info from the local universities)

PS: crayzayjay: If you have the document about DaimlerChrysler on your pc I would appreciate if you could mail it to me ( [email protected]).
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote