View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #29
graywolf624
Regular User

So right... last review of the year.. only im writing this in 2006.. I guess I operate on a business year or irs.. lol

BMW versus golf.
Badge versus image...
They prefer the golf, not a shock given how big top gear is into the golf. I agree the bmw is over priced for what it is, but neither is that great. I guess having no interest in this market taints my oppinon, but I wouldnt touch either one.

Star in a reasonably priced car was pretty funny. I don't know who this guy is, and it shocked me that Carr came out of the audience, but pretty entertaining. That being said, after seeing his lap Im convinced my earlier comments were true, that the car has changed slightly last few years... Cause that lap was alot worse then some of the first people on the show.

The ricer fversus the frog.. Poor choice in cars but I have to say it was entertaining to watch the sprite win. The poseur stereos car is just so typical that I weep for that generation..

The laguna seca piece was interesting if not a bit played out as everyone has had this type of feature. Of course clarkson wouldnt be able to match his time, he's not a great driver in the first place. The CorkScrew is damn fun in the game, I havent had the pleasure of being on track in that area of the country. It was well shot though.

Miata versus dog.. I can't help but wonder if it was better to do this with the car on a road track or with a awd car... The miatas a great car but it isn't an off road dirt track car. Still it looked fun to swing it around the track, as a light roadster of this type is. I guess really good from a viewing pleasure stand point, but lacking the substance..

Finally the car of the year awards.. Simply hilarious bit every year.. but Im disappointed he didnt tell us what the car with the best electric windows was....
Jks from throughout the year are present... But whats this, no whitening jk?

But still pie in the face and James running make an appearance as does Sabine.
Great bit of comedy.

Thanks again.. Time to wait for the next season.