View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Cool

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Where did you get it? Sounds like a grey market clone.

Try get your money back

I did not buy it, a friend's brother just came from Hong Kong and he had bought 2 of these, I am confident it is legit as it came sealed, all still in the box and I had to charge it for the first time, thing is the one he has is fine for him since you know he does speak chinese, this one has the "simplified chinese" or something while his has the cantonese... to me is all the same but to them is different I guess, he gave it to me because he thought I may be able to just get the english rom and get it going, came with tomtom navi bundle which I have already found a way to make into english with an update from tomtom, he did make sure it was for america and not hong kong so that is good, it is the OS I am having a problem

right now it is sitting here doing the flash rom thing from HP, I was told it would take a while so I am letting it run its course, I did manage to edit the file with a hex editor

----------------------------
UPDATE
----------------------------

the hex edit to the flash rom worked a charm

windows mobile is now in english however I must now get driver updates from hp for the bluetooth and Wlan as well as install the tomtom language thing and gps receiver driver update

so I guess I will now have a navi in my RX7, so I will not have to wrestle with the wife for the old garmin (although that is always fun)

thank you you evil hackers of the world

now I know this is not a cell but rather a mini pc, but it is so cool, for cell I have my iphone 3g and hopefully I will not need another one for years to come

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again

Last edited by 10000rpmlover; 01-09-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: update
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote