View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #13
blue8
Regular User

^ Although I watched highlights of the race, to be honest I didn't know what happened to him either so I checked the Ferrari website and got this:
Kimi then lost a place to Hamilton to drop to fifth on lap 23, five laps before making his only pit stop, after changing from a two stop strategy, taking on enough fuel to get to the end of the 56 lap race. On lap 29 came a significant moment at the front, when Button slid wide letting Vettel back into the lead. Kimi naturally slid down the order after his stop and found the car lacked grip in this final stint, which meant he was always struggling to make up places and in fact had to defend his position from various attacks on a difficult afternoon.
Kimi also had this to say in an interview:
Q. Was is difficult to get the tyres up to the right temperature?
KR: I don't know if it's the temperature. The thing is we didn't have grip. It was aqua-planning and sliding and every time I touched a wet patch I just lost the front end grip. Overall it was very difficult. In the beginning was not too bad but then, like I said, when we put a lot of fuel and the new tyres it became more difficult.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote