View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #15
SDK2003
Regular User

Interesting post TT
I’ve already spoken to you MSN but I’ll mention some stuff here

The Canon Pro1 is a very good all round camera. It has movie modes, a very useful flip out LCD screen, comes with an above average zoom lens and has a high mega pixel CCD sensor.
However, something you should be aware of - because it has so many pixels packed into a very small CCD sensor the images do contain above average 'noise' and therefore anything above ISO 200 is really unusable.

SLR cameras do have much better image quality compared to CCD 'Point and Shoot' cameras but you won't get movie modes, you can’t use the LCD to preview the image before you take the shot and the learning curve will be very high.

I’m not sure what you will be using the camera for but I have a feeling that an SLR isn’t for you. Cost issue aside there is a lot more involved with SLR cameras than just clicking the shutter to take photos.

Go for the Pro1, it’s a great camera and will meet all of your needs....... but if you do decided to go the SLR route don’t get the 300D. I've never been a fan of Nikon gear but anyone who chooses a 300D over the D70 is a fool

I hope that helps

P.S - I'm sure you will anyway but let us know what you buy

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote