View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Face the facts.. The CTS V is quicker than the current RS6, M5 and E55... --- once again, all the pretentious Europeans can claim is some kind of exclusivity - but when the flag drops, the bullshit stops...
Uhm the usual M5-E55-RS6 driver is not only concerned about lateral G or Ring laptimes and I doubt that telling them that the CTS can be a couple of tenth faster to 100 km/h or a couple of seconds faster at the Ring will make them change their mind
I'm not trying to place myself on one side or another, but well, when you chose to buy an M5, you buy also BMW image and so on and as said by dani, on our market the CTS has no background..

So yes, the CTS could be a "potential" menace, but in practice, it isn't.. it's sad because it would be nice to see a new supersaloon spicing up the segment, but the CTS will probably rule in the States while in Europe nothing will change...
LOL - I was really just refering to here

WHo knowa - they might even sell more M5's and E55's in the US than the rest of the world combined.. there are an aweful lot of rich snobby posers around here... so I would not really be worrying too much about them - since I will be out beating the snot out of my CTS-V...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote