View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #13
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^^^
you know... as much as that would be "cool"
we start getting into something like the 3rd, and 4th batman movies... you have 50 villians, nearly no plot, and an overall terrible movie

i hope Sam Rami can real in that kind of shit... i wonder how the Classic is going to fair in this film
See, i think the thing that really sets Spiderman apart from the other heroes is that his most challenging foes are the ones that he has to deal with as Peter Parker as well. So as long as you can set up the internal battle within Parker, the plots really kind of write themselves.

His battle with Doctor Octopus in SM2 was really more of Luke vs Vader in that he had no intention to really BEAT Doc. Oc. so much as he was trying to save Dr. Octavius from the control of the biomech arms.

So now that it's Harry/Hobgoblin vs. Peter/Spidey, you throw in the problem of the Symbiote slowy taking him over and then introduce Brock/Venom into the mix, and once again Parker is going to need some serious therapy to overcome the internal conflict that is setup, especially once Mary Jane inevitably gets kidnapped.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote