View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 11:59 PM   #32
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by Toronto
just to let you guys know, the automatic-trans supercar market is huge, if not bigger then the manual one.

bill gates was asked why doesn't he drive a ferrari or lambo, he says he doesn't know how to drive a 5-spd, so he will stick to his merc.

now that said, if gates wants to feel like he is driving a supercar but doesn't have to deal with a heavy clutch, and a powerfull engine (i bet most the people on this site couldn't get a clean launch in a supercar for the first couple of starts) he well but the paddle gear box, what is like 60% of ferrari sales are paddle shift? and now lambo have their e-gear.

and ford have.... er I will buy a F430

and JiggaStyles09 it is nice to know that you are backing up your ferrari bashing with a artical that gives the ferrari the top spot
Ok, let me get this straight...the fact that their is a large and growing poser market is a reason to support automatics in supercars? And one of your main reasons for picking the F430 is because it is more 'poser-friendly'? Are you serious? So what if most of the people on here couldn't get away cleanly on their first start in a supercar, I know there's a good chance I'd screw up, but who buys a supercar because it is easy to drive?

I am really surprised you think that is a short-coming of the Ford boys to have not included an essentially poser feature in their car. Yes, the F1 is great on the track and all that bullshit, but really, what it boils down to for SMG, e-gear, F1...is so people who either don't know how to drive a proper manual, or are too lazy, can own a Ferrari or Lamborghini or whatever it may be. How many posers who were previously turned away because Ferrari's only had manuals now buy them because they can get it in F1? I'd bet a good lump of that 60%...

Sorry, but there is no way Ford sticking to a real manual is a mark against the car. For once they are showing that the car is serious and not for posers.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote