View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 04:53 PM   #195
lakatu
Regular User

I just finished reading the 3.2 article and it was fantastic. I loved the writing style. It kept the reader engaged in the article the whole time.

For those who are interested the writer discussed the improvements in handling behavior of the 80’s 911 to pre 80’s 911’s. I looked up some information and compared a review in 1980 of a SC with a different review of a 1987 Carrera. The main differences were an increase in rim width from 6 inch front and 7 inch rear to 7/8 on the 1987. Both cars ran on the same exact tire size and 16” rims. (I noticed in this article that the car driven had smaller 6” rims up front and the 8” rear compared to the US reviewed 1987.) Obviously, improvements in tire technology have helped. The only other change between the two models I am aware of is an increase in front and rear anti-roll bar diameters and an increase in the rear torsion bar size. I believe that the suspension pick up points and construction technology remained the same. Does anyone know when they brought alloy suspension pieces to the 911?
lakatu is offline   Reply With Quote