View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

To me tough is get hit and keep standing, cause if you are on the ground knocked out or phased I can do just about anything...
The problem with that arguement.. Youd be stupid to fight against someones strength.. That isn't tough, thats stupid. You use your advantages.. And tough in the end is the guy that wins, not the guy who can take punches while standing up.

6 mins on a wrestling mat would change your mind.. If you lasted 20 secs Id be amazed to be honest. Anyone who has ever done it will tell you that wrestling is easily the most intense phsical per short amount of time. Thats part of being tough. Theyd also tell you, depending on the style, some of the moves down right hurt. Punch in the head fine.. but how about I twist your ass into a pretzel so your arm almost breaks after throwing you and landing on you. If you arent in some sort of pain at that point you dont have nerve endings.

The simple fact is.. The wrestler knows how to do basic defense against a boxer.. The boxer does not know how to do basic defense against the wrestler. That means the wrestler has an edge. If hes smart, exploits it, and the boxer misses the first punch.. its over.. Once on the ground the boxer wont be able to use his fists, which means hes defenseless.