View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 06:17 AM   #183
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
Originally Posted by dingo
I was discussing the turbo setup of the 996 GT2 with the owner of this car which I spent 4 days in last weekend ( http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=29844&start=0 ).

He wasn't certain of whether the turbo's were 'sequential' (as in a smaller one for low revs and then the larger turbo kicking in...) or if it was just two identical turbo's both working from the start.

If that makes sense, whats the answer?

BTW, I have to say the GT2 is the most brutal accelerating car I have ever been in - just phenominal. :shock:
....first, i´m more than glad that u were able to experience one of the top products PAG ever released, the GT2 is indeed a masterpiece and not only well-known for its brutal acceleration, now that u know just imagine such a machine on a decent race track
....automotive heaven

to quickly answer your question, the GT2´s two K24 turbos are working parallel but are that good trimmed that there´s hardly any brutal turbo kick and absolutely NO lag, so i can only agree here the GT2s overall engine performance is definitely among the best of all turbocharged engines available...
Thanks alot for the answer.....

Although we did get the GT2 up to an indicated 330kmh (I know its official top speed is only ~319kmh) on public roads it would also have been nice to experience how it handled on a track instead of a straight line all day.