View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #42
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
Originally Posted by RC45
" You can't connect an ipod to a phone" But you can a PDA and have been able to for years. PDAs have been around playing MP3s for 5 or 6 years before the iPod was even introduced.

Nothing new.
Neither is this demo apparently - since it dates from 2001.

Either way - iPods, PDA's and cell phones have not become interchangeble evices that EVERYONE uses as simply as a toaster.

Each is still isolated and not simply interconnected.

You are just sour because when you came pissing on our parade we didn't just take it lying down.
No, actually many mobile phones are combination PDAs now.
No fucking shit sherlock - do you some how think you are the only person that is up to date on the latests and greatest teachnology?

Everyone and the uncle knows this - so you are not sharing any new news with anyone.

You can open your browser on the phone, surf then net, download an MP3 and play it and listen to it with your headphones.
Again - you are not telling anyone something they didn't already know.

Why would you presume that you hold the patent on knowing whats the latest tech? :roll:

Sure they are still $3-400 for these devices but that will come down like everything.
That is the problem - after 6 years the price has not come down at all - and they are not universaly used by everyone - but rather only a select few technogeeks and yuppie posers.

So actually you are wrong. They are all interconnected in an array of devices made by many different companies.
I am not wrong. You are. These devices are no more connected than your and my computer are connected. We happen to have "browsable" and "downloadable" access to the same content - but we are not "interconnected" - we are in fact seperated by the very nature of the network we are on.

I happen to run an interpreter that can access the same content as you can - until I install some sftware component we are not "interconnected".

Pissing match? You sure like to say that a lot. I guess that is what you are in. I am simply pointing out that we have devices and services available today to do everything this represents and are most certainly all interconnected.
Wrong - they are service subscription dependent.

There is nothing new or meaningful in that video except the fact that they took a virtual window on a virtual desktop and made them both physical.
Well - again, considering how old the video is - it's not new currently.

And ifyou can't get past your obvious obsession with "virtual to physical" you are obviously not able to realise the gist of my entire supposition - if you read MY COMMENT with comprehension you would realize that the basis for the comment was that one assumes in later versions the ENTIRE SUITE of functionality is available on the ONE see-through device and that is is NOT RESTRICTED to needing to be on the substrate.

And that has no use. It was basically a cool looking science project and nothing more.
In your flawed opinion.

Agh fuckit you are just being an obtuse jackoff.