View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #307
Mattk
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
haha ok i'll take that advice

i don't really know why i'm going to write down the following words as the movies aren't new and are considered classics. but what the hell

Citizen Kane - hmmm this is a tough one, it's the first very old movie i have ever seen so i probably can't really judge about the quality of the movie. but i really liked the characters alot and the plot was really good even though i was sometimes a bit confused because there was just too much going on in too short time intervals.

giving it a solid 8.5/10

Apocalypse Now! - Saigon ....... shit.

pretty good movie, it made me sick to my stomach while i was enjoying my lunch. i guess i chose the wrong time to watch it but i like how it shows an ugly war and how it fucks with the soldiers minds. but in my oppinion the ending was kind of weird and didn't really do it for me. it left to may questions open...

8/10
Interestingly enough, I studied both those films at school. The ending of Apocolypse Now is deliberately ambiguous. The most common interpretation is that Willard orders the air strike, which demolishes Kurtz's compound and everyone forgets about it. Mission accomplished.