View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #19
novass
Regular User

I like Clarkson and love Top Gear but I don't view either as the end all, say all in automotive journalism, nor should anyone else IMO. Speaking for myself and I assume others here, I will never buy a car because someone tells me too nor will I not buy one because someone tells me not too. I take all the information given from shows like Top Gear, magazines, test drives, other owners, etc and form my own opinion. If I like something I will buy it, I could care less what someone down the block thinks of it.

I actually find it funny when his biased opinion comes out. Every time he reviews something British, I can almost expect what he is gonna say. "The interior is shit, the engine is shit, it looks like shit.........but......its the best car in the world." Thats a bit of an exaggeration, but I love how he disses a car then promptly follows it up with a "BUT" and says the complete opposite.

That being said, I do think Clarkson has credibility through his experiences and he is a great TV personality, but at the end of the day he is just another opinion and Top Gear is just a TV show. I still love to watch Top Gear and Clarkson's DVDs are always entertaining.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote