View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:09 AM   #48
LAMBOR
Regular User

Just giving my personal opinion about DFP, i think nobody minds.

I don't know if the problem is me or my model was a bad one.

First the coating layer started to get off quickly on the hands zone, maybe because it's too sticky, leather would be a lot better.
Then when braking quick and hard, in my house floor, the pedals slided a bit. Problem solved by attaching under an iron bar with about 2 kilos.

Another detail is the gearshift knob, i think it has too much electronic feel (you can hear the micro-switch tik-tak) and too short movement travel, i would like a more mechanical touch.

The worst part was one day when did the first turn and the wheel slided on the desk table. Picked something to squeeze that odd "screws" a bit more, and when i barely touched it cracked. Went to the shop, and no warranty for that. I understand that i squeezed in earlier times maybe a little too much, because my desk table is in Formica, and the DFP moves a bit (IT DON'T HAS ANY KIND OF RUBBER BAND under to prevent this).
Problem solved by opening it (loose warranty) and make a new broken piece in alluminium.

By now with more than 7000Kms on it, it's working well. I never buyed any other model or brand before, but for what i've read, maybe it's the best you can buy, specially with the 900° feature.
LAMBOR is offline   Reply With Quote