View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: 'evo' reviews the Lingenfelter Corvette Z06

Originally Posted by Shinigami
Originally Posted by RC45
The Lingenfelter claim is accurate - its 505bhp to 616bhp... the 557RWHP is just about right.

I can't believe these guys actually publish inaccuracies like this. You would swear they are all noobs.
No mention of it being power recorded at crank or at the wheels is done. But they way it's written, I'd wager they were talking about crank hp.

But since you're such an authority on everything (and obviously never wrong :roll: ), why dontcha go tell the EVO team how to do their work.
Well - since YOU are such an expert on nothing - how do YOU suppose they measured the HP "at the crank".... since the article speaks of the "rolling road dyno" (and one would doubt they removed the engine just for the dyno run :roll: ) - which would seem to indicate the measurement being taken AT the wheel... with the crank HP being calculated based on a percentage loss... which leaves even more rom for error on their part....

Man, some of you people go out of your way to make JW into a pissing match all day long - even when faced with people who do know what they are taking about and are correct. :roll:

I would make the same criticism of EVO, the test facility and the engine modder if the car being tested was a Toyota, Ford or Porsche.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote