View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 06:09 AM   #17
Evo
Regular User

Originally Posted by 360 Spyder
Look, I never said American trucks were better. I said a F/C/D/H would have not been in that situation. I never mentioned any other US imported brands.
The LC I owned was a '90 model. I-6, auto with Goodyear Wrangler 235/75R15's on it. It spent more time in the shop than it did on the trail. Seems everytime I took it out, it broke something. I will admit that I abuse the hell out of any sport utility I own, but that is the purpose of them - work and play. I twisted one driveshaft in half, I had a broken hub on the front driver side, I had the gas tank almost fall off the truck, the front drive stopped working twice - it would not engage at all, and this was on a vehicle I drove off the dealer's lot new. I had it 3 years then got rid of it because I was so sick of it.
And, for the record, every single make and model 4x4 has been and will get stuck. Period. When I was in the U.S. ARMY I drove the HETT's which haul the tanks to and from the battle field. They are 8 wheel drive trucks with tires almost 5 feet high each. We got a few of those stuck. Not a pretty sight to see a 27 ton truck stuck in the mud.
Cool down.. I'm not trying to flame you or calling you names.. .
Yeah you are right all 4x4 can get stuck in the mud no problems .. It also depends on how skilled the driver is in the mud.. personally I got no experiance in mud.. Sand is completly different. .