View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #36
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by gobs3z
You're not understanding my concept of these no being street cars.
I understand perfectly - you are sayign because they are as fast as past race cars they are race cars.

That's plain wrong.

They are street cars with powerful engines.

Example from Top Gear when they tested race cars of the past verses street cars of today, and the street cars of today were faster.
In that test - but in a race would not win..

You can say they're street cars all you want because they pass the regulations to be driven on the street, but by no means do they perform in the same arena as a street car.
Does not make a difference.

These cars only go fast is you make them go fast - they dont go fast on their own.

There is the reason for the term super car.
The term super car denotes "potential preformance" - not "default performance".

Now the average driver (rich or poor) has a certain ability to drive automobiles that 99% of the rest world has naturally (mind you, there are a lot of shitty drivers out there). I now think that that naturally ability to drive automobiles is not good enough for the supercars we have today.
Why not?

You just need to display self control.

Does your stereo have a volume control? If you listen to a 500W steroe at 10% can you hear it? If you turn it up to 100% and go deaf, is that the stereo fault or YOUR fault?

The people that buy these cars aren't race drivers (vast majority) and the fact that you said that even race drivers make mistakes makes it even worse for the average driver to make a mistake.
So only soldiers should have guns? And DJ's big stereos?

I truly do beleive that driver education from manufactuers will create a safer super car driver, or else they just learn about their car on their own on the same street i drive on.
Wrong.

On 1,045 levels.. but I will just approach 2.

First - what about someone who buys a car used? They wont get the "training" - so the idea wont work.

Second - just because you are "trained" does nto mean you will put the training into practice.

Again - you choose to hit the gas... no one else.

Luckily these cars are rare, and that most of them are like motorcyclist and they just buy it for looks and won't take it above 80.
hehe - thats a bizarre statement in and of itself.
I just get angry when i see bikers without helmets and a hoochie on the back.

Anyways... I'm just trying to say the natural ability of humans to handle super cars is not keeping up with manufacturers ability to make them go faster. Most people couldn't handle race cars of the past (power wise) so what makes you think that people can handle "street" cars of today that are faster then the race cars of the past. Of course its all the drivers fault, i'm not denying that, but education has always helped humans prevent mistakes from being made, but of course it is a matter of how ignorant the individual is in the first place. This is why i'm saying mandatory drivers education, it will make an imapct on every super car buyer whether the impact be big or small.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote