View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #8
Overmind
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
and the way they were defeated blahhhhhhhhhhh
and the ending blahhhhhhhhh
It's an adaptation of the book and that is how it ended... humanity didn't stand a chance and survived the attack by pure luck.

now i know there was a tv show like this when i was younger, were they defeated the same way in the show??
If they held true to the novel then yes, it has ended the same way.

oh and, WHY WHY does every movie that has to do with aliens always have some crazy nut job that knows how to defeat them??
And by this you mean the Tim Robbins' character?

i wanted more background on the aliens.

what was the point of them pureeing the people and then spitting them out?? what were the vines from??

after i watched it i felt like those things went unanswered, i felt like they ran out of material, and i felt like they rushed it. all in the name of making money.
Well the movie tries to follow the line of Cruise's family exclusively. You do not no see more than they do and you also do not know more than they do .

and how were the aliens defeated?? was it a chain reaction from the one that cruise used the gernades on??
No they simply got ill and died.. probably because of some of the Earth's viruses. The same virus was very likely also fatal to theirs "red weed" vegetation.