Thread: BMW E36 M3
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
The E36 M3 had 286 hp (eurospec) from the start and a whopping 321hp later. A mere 22hp less than the heavier E46.

LOL@the powerplant lacking. That's bullshit. Even the US-spec M3 had a 0-60 acceleration under 6 seconds. That was fucking serious performance. Faster than the RX-8 in your signature f.e.

It was BY FAR the best sports sedan/coupe to have in that class during the period it was produced. I even think the gap with competition was larger than with the E46. The M3 was judged The Best Handling Car in America by the editors of Car and Driver.
the car was brilliant, yes.

but US spec was quite different then the eurospec; which is what i am basing my argument on... something i didnt know was eurospec was up to 321 hp...
US spec never made it past 240hp (something you didn't know) in 2000, there was no M cars.

so, now that you see my argument is solid as a rock; i rest my case (when comparing only US spec cars)

yes, its more powerful, and i dont doubt faster, and a better handler then the RX8 in my sig...

guess what, i would rather have the E36 M3 then the RX8; as im sure it would offer more driving pleasure. the mazda in my sig is there because it is a recent sighting; and a good picture... nothing to do with liking it more or less then a BMW E36 M3. so your argument against mine is a loaded one; ultimately irrelevant.