View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #67
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by nthfinity
anybody who says the tires are to blame for MS slowing down mid through late race is an idiot.

he is a brilliant driver, and race analyzer... with his team; they decided not to show off the bridgstones speed quite so much (he did set fastest race lap how many laps running?) as to IMO conserve the ferrari V8 for the next race... and to force Alanso to change his 2-stop stratagy into a 3 stopper!

that was brilliant; even if the coverage of the rest of the field was weak...
I was thinking the same, maybe he did it on purpose. God knows why but maybe to force Alonso to make a mistake or something.

The weirdest thing was the 2 pit stop. We have Alonso behind him supposedly with a car than can go around 1.5 secs faster per lap, his stop was around 6.5 secs if I'm not wrong, then he comes out, Michael comes in after doing a lap with a slower car, besides that his stop is 7.1 secs long, a bit longer than Alonso's and he comes ahead of him ?? How did that happen ?? Logically Alonso would have come first without any struggle, he had a faster car and a faster pit stop !! I still can't imagine how that happened...
The key was that Michael had a faster in lap and out lap. Alonso's in lap was dictated by Michael's slow pace till Alonso peeled off to pit while Michael then went almost 2 secs/lap quicker.

On the outlap Alonso encountered some traffic, so he couldnt make up the distance to Michael.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote