mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by mindgam3

Originally Posted by toronto
and RC45 you can't be serious on the fact that a low rpm v8 of the z06 is a better sounding car then the high rpms of the 360 v8, you can't hear or just stupid, i think almost everyone on this forum would say the full throttle note fo the 360 is 10x better then the z06, the 360 is one of the best sounding road cars ask anyone even people who don't know anything about cars would say it sounds better
Subjective - and I have spent tens of thousands of miles with 12 and 14,000rpm motorcycles.. so as far as being exposed to superhigh RPM - been there done that

I personally prefer the agressive howling bark of an LS6 at 6600rpm over the motorcycle like sound of an 8500rpm 360.

As I say - you eventaully get bored of bike sounds
lol, if you think a ferrari V8 sounds like a straight 4 bike engine then i think theres something wrong with you....

oh, and put your knob away RC
Actually - due to firing order and crank orientation among other things, a Ferrari V8 does sound like 2, 4 cylinders - and hence like a high RPM motorcycle engine..

You need to get out more.
lol, you don't need to know anything about engines and firing orders to know they don't sound the same.

i don't know, i might be quite wrong, but if i revved my 1.2 clio straight 4 to relatively high rpms, say 7000 just for arguements sake (which incedently has similar firing orders and crank orientation as a ferrari V8), i'm pretty sure it won't sound like a ferrari V8, or a bikes straight 4 which it is more closely related.....

oh, n by the way I get out enough mate. No need to comment on my social life, it's good enough for me
ROTFLMMFARTFO.... dude.. dude.. dude... you are really dillusional if you at all ever think a 1.2 Clio, revved to any level could sound remotely ANYTHING like big bore motorcycle engine.

Ever.

Ever.

You need to actually go see a real opne class bike - go ride it and stand around when one wails past.

AFter you have actually experienced both in person we can continue this discussion..
lol, thats what i was saying...... i said it wouldn't sound anything like it, thats my point. I was refeering to my clio because it has the same layout and similar capacity to a superbike yet it sounds nothing like it. You were saying because a motorbike engine and the ferrari V8 have simllar firing order and crank rotation that they sound alike.... they do not

I've witnessed a 360 and a GSXR 1000 drag in front of me at a motorshow one after another and trust me, the difference in sound is very different. Please read what i say before commenting on it....

lol, i take on board your comments and you've proven me wrong in some instants and i admitted it, but you just always have to be right dont you?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote