View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #27
TT
Regular User

I will, I will.

And yes, definitely those 280 Nm of torque feels plenty enough to just slot an higher gear and keep the stick there as long as you want.
On the mountain pass I had to take this weekend twice to go and come back from Lausanne, it was obviously so much easier than with my 320 which had to be revved like hell to stay on boil and carry decent speed. The 944 just swallow those hairpins like a straight line, pulling away in 2nd or 3rd with no fuss when the BMW was struggling in 2nd and has sometimes to be dropped even in 1st to jump toward the next corner.

Also, I am quite surprised by the reaction of everybody about the S2, online or not.
I know most ppl tend to be polite and nod and smile when they see you are so happy about something, even when they disagree or thing the given thing is utter crap.
Yet, in this case it really seems everybody likes this little sweetie!
At first I was sure to just read many "too bad it's not a real Porsche" or "ah, why white?" or "uhm.. looks cheap and old"...
Instead, everybody just stare at it for minutes, walking around it once, twice or even more, ask to sit inside and just congratulate me.
Same goes here online!

Definitely all of this makes me think I really did the right thing!

The first 1000 or so km are gone in a glimpse, can't wait for the next ones to come and go!