View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #23
FoxFour
Regular User

Default Re: 'evo' reviews the Lingenfelter Corvette Z06

Originally Posted by Shinigami
Originally Posted by RC45
The Lingenfelter claim is accurate - its 505bhp to 616bhp... the 557RWHP is just about right.

I can't believe these guys actually publish inaccuracies like this. You would swear they are all noobs.
No mention of it being power recorded at crank or at the wheels is done. But they way it's written, I'd wager they were talking about crank hp.

But since you're such an authority on everything (and obviously never wrong :roll: ), why dontcha go tell the EVO team how to do their work.
It says in the article that the car was put on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road, that is obviously a chassis dyno. Most 20- something car guys will tell you that with a chassis dyno, you have to factor in drive- line losses, the percentage amount according to the type of dyno model. I spotted that inaccuracy in the EVO article as well. By the way that article was written overall, you would think these guys were in the car game for a short while.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote