View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 04:41 AM   #9
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by mrmojo77
I can't believe how you guys had the time and energy to fight the thread to locking point? :shock: That Veyron video is giving me goose-bumps everytime I see it. It is very nice.
Which is why I figured we could atart again and this time we are good as long as certain folks stay focussed on the topic.

The car is quick in a straightline - but really no quicker than hundreds of other tuner cars that cost wayyyyyy less than a million bucks.

So I am one of those folks who are left wondering why when others build straight line cars, people dismiss them as crap, when Bugatti builds a straight line car people come in their pants?

Where is the rest of the test data to show the "whole" car off.

Not just the straight line stuff...
Sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of this thread. I am glad that it's not another flaming thread for or against the Veyron or the Corvette (at least I hope it will not be ... ).

For the "performance in the straight line" part, of course there are quite a few cars that can do as good or even better than the Veyron, the Callaway Sledgehammer topped 254 mph (verified) in 1988 for much less money and other can certainly beat it in acceleration BUT the point is not only that, it's also a question of magic, name, prestige, packaging, design. There are cars faster than Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Corvettes ( ) on a B- or mountain roads for 1/10 th of the price but who would hesitate if he had the opportunity to choose between a tuned Peugeot 306 16V and a Ferrari Testarossa ?? ... but the 306 is a good car anyway

nthfinity, I am also a Bugatti lover and I agree with you, a 2 tons car can't be as agile as a 800 kg.