View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #36
evoWalo
Regular User

Most people who dislike Macs or OS X dont like em cause they cant play games or use AutoCA/3D Max Viz as a native app. There are ways around this like BootCamp, WINE, VMWare & Parallels Desktop.

Linux is all nice & dandy but what native desktop commercial apps are out there?

No point in me going to the WWDC seeming I'm not a developer. I'd stick for the keynote and look around but that's that.

The current iMac can be upgraded pretty easily. CPU's not soldiered on so you can pop out Yonah and plug in Merom. Memory goes up to 2GB. HDD's a 3.5" SATA. Optical drive's a slot loading type. Only thing you'll have difficulty in is the logic board & GPU.

Serious gamers dont buy Macs. They buy Alienware.

Macs have all the modern ports you'd need these days so no more use for the daughter boards.

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Ah I get ya now. Well its a very nice choice. Shit price wise its unbeatable but unlike most of the members here I like Apple products but I dont like their software though. Never know that new OSX might be nice but I wont get my hopes up. I rather just put Linux on it. BTW you went to the conference or something? I had plans on looking for a live feed but just didnt have the time today.

Some say Mac software is made for dumbass so to keep shit straight and simple they dont change the casing or else it might confuse hardcore mac users. Also I have had hands on experience with a Imac and they are badass but I just dont see why! I mean upgrading that would be near impossible or just hard. It does however save room.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote