Thread: New Veyron Test
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #42
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
I have on pure authority that the Veyron will not out handle a Ford GT, let alone a Z06, a CGT, Enzo, a Porsche 911, a Aston V8 Vantage, a Noble, etc. etc.
What authority exactly? I have provided quotes from two prominent British mags. Evo, which is pretty much considered the 'authoritative' magazine for enthusiasts, compared the Veyron against 3 of its best handling/accelerating/decelerating supercar competitors. It beat them all, in fact the owner of the Enzo AND CGT said that they were going to order a Veyron each for themselves...

I have also provided info. from the revlovers.com trackday at Hockenheim, where it ran on the track against the fastest cars ever made. The only one they said was faster, was the race spec'd Mac F1 GTR and ONLY when it was running on race slicks!

Where exactly is your proof??
this comes directly from contacts I have at Bugatti, long talks with the test drivers, and time in the car thankyou. The terms I mention are purely objective, and not a slippery slope of "it does better then you would think it does" type crap that ALL the magazines are spewing. What a load of crap, eh?

so again, where are the lap times?

I love the Veyron, but I have no illusions regarding it.