View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 04:19 PM   #14
Global Warming
Regular User

Well I think Soccer/football is Nike’s single weakest line area as soccer is actually less popular in the USA than figure skating!! That’s a real stat I read. I’m not a big Nike fan, I do have some pairs of Nike shoes. I have a very rugged pair of Nike ACGs kind of like a mid-range boot. I wear them all winter long in light snow and rain. Those damn things are 6 years old and still look almost brand new! I swear they are bullet proof! I had a different pair of Nike ACGs that fell about in about 1 year. It just all depends on the style, sport, model, and price range. And Nike makes just as many durable shoes as anyone else, they also have a MUCH larger product line than anyone else so naturally they are going to have many different levels of durability.

Nike also makes just about the best golf shoes out there. And that is pretty amazing because 15 years ago they didn’t even make golf shoes. FotJoy was the #1 brand. Well Nike managed to move in the top 2 brands in golf shoes in only a decade’s time. Same is true with their golf clubs, balls, etc. They have grown to be one of the dominate brands in golf in such a short period of time.
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote