Thread: New Veyron Test
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 02:04 AM   #61
tforth
Regular User

no way will Bugatti ever claim it goes through the bends like the 2003-4-5 super cars because it simply cannot.
is answered by:

"
easy to drive and crushingly capable on the sort of twisting roads that would test a hot hatch (i.e. 'b-roads' if this is not already obvious) is little short of miraculous. At the outset of this test, none of us could have imagined that the Veyron would leave the Enzo trailing in its wake on such a road.
but it isn't nimble like the lighter weight counterparts. It just isn't possible.
Who said that it was nimble? I have just provided info (repeatedly, I might add) that it's faster than its nearest competition on twisty roads - 'period'

And what is with all the weight vs. handling crap. Weight, or mass, has no direct relationship with the centripetal acceleration (i.e. 'g') experienced by a vehicle during a cornering manoeuver. Center of gravity, track, roll stiffness, roll center position, coefficient of friction of the contact patch on the given surface, transient contact patch stability, etc. would play into this metric. I suppose that next your going to claim that weight is what limits its top speed as well...
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote