View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 09:55 PM   #33
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
RC: I don't live in the UK, you ignorant prick.

The FACT of the matter is that the Gepard (and others, including some made in the USA) are better than the Barrett, and that has nothing to do with the US in the slightest: it just is. Were you born in the US, RC? Is that why you have to wave the flag so hard, poephol.
1) As much as i like seeing RC fluster people in US vs The World arguments, would you please take it to the Political Forum?

2) If this gun is so useless, why is every other country purchasing them? Sweden was the first country to buy them. It was a Canadian sniper team that took out the insurgents from 2430 meters through a tin cover.

3) in the segment the gun is going through 3 feet of cinder block form well over 1000 meters and penetrating a thick plate of steel from nearly the same distance. With regular bullets. not explosive tips.

4) It's a multi purpose sniper rifle. who gives a flying fuck if 14.5 mm makes more power than a 25mm. who has the longer, more accurate range in under 10 seconds delivering 10 rounds down range?

You aren't going for muzzle velocity in a sniper rifle. You are going for effective accuracy from as far away as possible. hell, effective accuracy is the point of any firearm. But 2700 fps does make for a flatter trajectory after 1+ miles

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote