View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 09:39 PM   #31
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
The local gun shop near me has a Barret. They let me hold and it's one heavy mofo. I can't imagine the recoil of it. I've seen .50 cal rifles being fired, I'd imagine it compares to being kicked in the shoulder by a horse. The price on the Barret was just under $9k. I have no idea what the exact model number it is they had though. They also had a few machine guns, heh, who needs an Uzi? $900!

I've shot a Desert Eagle. Very over rated gun. It's weight absorbs a lot of the recoil and with a proper hold on the gun it's not too bad. Though, with repeated shooting your wrist will get sore. The worst thing is that they aren't accurate for shit, not in my experience anyway. I couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside with one.
Well the thing about this one is the way the barrel is set in the reciever. It's set to absorb alot of the recoil, hence why it can be used as semi auto. The Muzzle Brake also bleeds some of the energy of the shot by directing it back, instead of letting it push back from the front of the muzzle like most rifles.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote