View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #37
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by TeflonTron
That's strange, as the Desert Eagle is amongst the most accurate of all "off the shelf" guns and is perfect for target shooting. You have to hold it tightly though, and if you "limp wrist" a shot it will go all over the place, and can jam the gun. It really is the kind of gun that you need to spend a lot of time with, tbh.
Maybe it's me. I couldn't hit shit with it. With a .45 the same day, I had a three inch spread after 16 shots at 25 yards. Not bad considering I have very little experience with handguns. Soon to change though, permit has been applied for.

BTW, as a target gun, a Desert Eagle would be a terrible choice for your wallet! Ever seen what the ammo costs? LMAO
A day at the range will run into the hundreds just for ammo.
Yeah, in .50AE and .44 Cor-Bon the Rounds are about a Buck each, which is not that bad, but not that great when you take in the fact that you have to shoot a lot of shots to get used to the gun. The reason why it can jamb and be inaccurate is that it's gas recoiled, unlike 99% of handguns, and that means that the whole action needs to cycle fully in a straightline, and if anything interupts that the accuracy goes to hell. Basically the gun is great for hunting and silhouette shooting, but terrible for self-defence.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote