PS3 Basic $499
Remote $-30
HDMI $-20
2nd Cont $-30
Tax $-47
------------------
Total $626
------------------
(the joys of open box returns - see $30 remote and controller Wink)
Most people wont have open box returns so tack on a few more $$$. And sense you are using the top model of the 360, why not use the top model of the PS3, and you added a game for the 360, so why not add another $60 for the PS3 game. So that would get the bill to about $800. I know it was a different price for you, but for most people it will be closer to the 800 number for the exact same spec systems. (1 top console, 1 extra controller, remote (included in 1st run 360s), game, and minus the HDMI cable as its not supported by the 360 )

For me the 360 was a better buy, but that is just my opinion. I bought it for the games that are available/will be available. Personally I dont care about the internet access and such as my computer is sitting right next to my 360 and TV. I enjoy the game lineup more then graphic capabilities and such, and I also enjoy price, and was upset that mine cost $400 when the Wii is a freakin deal at $250(?). Fuzion Frenzy 2, Halo 3 (if it is ever released), Forza 2, Battlefield 2, Perfect Dark Zero all caught my fancy for the 360.

I know the graphic capabilities on the PS3 are better, but to me that little bit of difference isnt enough of a reason to spend the extra $200+ dollars on the console. As I said earlier, to each his own

BTW, open box deals rule!

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote