View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #20
dm_h_2007

The whole thing is horse shit. I'm all for Clarkson doing his American car bashing bit but this is just stupid.

Let’s start out with the Mustang race. I don’t know if you guys in Europe noticed but Clarkson made one of the biggest mistakes yet! He says he is racing a 4.6 V8 mustang, but infact it is a v6 auto convertible, the very slowest of all mustangs. How can a guy like that make this kind of mistake?! He could not tell from the sound and speed that it was a V6?? Funny because this was one of the first bits basically killing all credibility of the whole video from the start.

Then he races a SRT10 Pick-up against an Ariel Atom... WTF does that prove? A 1,000lbs cart is faster around corners than a 6,000lbs truck?!?! Wow that’s real ground breaking stuff there.

And he drives a Range Rover to the top of a mountain while the Escalade and H2 couldn’t make it. Again what does this prove? Those cars are made for street use only, even the H2, why not use the H1? He did a similar test on Top Gear and the Jeep beat both the Range Rover and the Toyota Land cruiser. But he just decided not to include a Jeep in this one I wonder why…

He fills two 17 year old cars with water to “prove” English cars are made better?!?! WTF??? I guess he had to go back 17 years to find a car that was made by a British car company that wasn’t now owned by an American company!! LMFAO!!

It just goes on and on with his America bashing. He keeps talking about the coffee being weak and coming in giant Styrofoam cups. Yet he was in LA where there is a Starbuck’s on every corner and they don’t use Styrofoam and I’m sure he would have found their coffee to his liking even though he would never admit it.

Also once again he has ignored the Saleen S7 completely even though he was within a few hundred miles of where they are made. It’s pretty obvious he is scared of this car and how good it is.

And lastly he claims the Z4-M is faster around a track than the Viper SRT10. But that race looked totally scripted like everything else in this piece of crap. I think we could all check the N-ring times and see the Viper is a much faster car in the straits AND corners.

This was one of the worst done pieces of crap ever made. Did they let him write and direct it or something?!?! Even British people will find this garbage. Easily the worst showing from Clarkson and that’s a pretty big statement when you think about it. This DVD belongs in the bargain bin at gas stations in Europe for $2.99 and even then it probably wouldn’t sell. He should have just stayed home in his light house on the Isle of Man!
dm_h_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote