View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
Given your facts, I reckon the police are correct on the assault. You initiated the fight situation by chasing down the man. You got placed in handcuffs because you chased down and hit someone. They didn't arrest you, nor summonsed you, so nothing will likely happen. But that's not the point. No policeman would ever think charges could arise from this situation, especially as the mob had surrounded the car first. Quite likely I would've done something similar. I was enraged simply reading your story!
So your judgement is just as poor as the attending police then. He did not initiate the assuast - the other person did when they attacked the car he was sitting in.

As for the damage to the car, I'm surprised the police have simply dismissed it.
Why be surprised? You already tipped your hand in the above statement.

American police love arresting people on television. Maybe if COPS was filming they would've been more pro-active. Nevertheless, in either case, it would be the insurance picking up the tab.
I see why you have the views you do - you base your opinions on reality TV shows.

This is a shitty situation for both yourself and your father and I hope it all works out fine.
It can't - the system already tipped its hand that it is setup to favour the criminal and not the victim.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote