View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #15
79TA
Regular User

UGH!!! What a thoroughly awful situation. I just came back from a quick trip to the mountains and this story has only made urban life seem that much more disgusting. It's just so lose-lose. Even if you do get things fixed, there is stress involved in fixing things.

I don't know what was up with the guy jumping on the hood. If he really thought he was being a vigilante, he should have explained that to the police. His intent was good so he would have been pretty much off the hook, but given his hit and run antics, he deserved to be chased down. He would have dissappeared otherwise. There's nothing wrong with a citizen's arrest so I think it is clear you did not initiate the scuffle.

I just hope the car's damage is limited so it can be repaired quickly. A hood and window would be very easy and quick to replace, but the availability of parts could possibly slow the process some.

My Trans Am was hit back in September of '06 and the offending van ran . . . My city's cops were absolutely worthless . . . I ended up hunting the guy down after I had his address and settled out of court.

I don't think you can expect to get any reparations from the crazy lady, but just make sure you don't let the fat guy get anything out of you. Just get the car repaired and try to forget these morons.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote