View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #76
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by tforth

I guess you haven't seen that Veyron video where is in a sustained drift on an ice covered lake. This is a perfect example of what I am refering to. Cold whether testing is just one of umpteen requirements the OEs have that tuners (in general) do not.
Maybe you missed what I wrote, I wasn't talking about the Veyron, but a RWD car.
And WTF does the OEM cold weather testing have to do with a tuner any fucking way?

Lets take - say the Porsche 911.

The reason RUF doesnt "cold weather" test all the 911s they tune.... why do we think?

Maybe its because the 911 has already been "cold weather" tested up the freaking wazoooo by the "OEM"- and the changes to the platform a RUF rebuild does will not need to be "cold weather tested".

The same way the current MODEL CHANGES that Porsche make to the 911 chassis won't be subjected to full program "cold weather testing" the NEW models get before launch.

I guess for a "special insider" tforth really does not have that much of a clue - and is simply arguing and posting nonsense to create friction and anger on the forums and promote hostility.

Is it possible he he has been shown to be ill-informed, incorrect or plain wrong? I hope not.

Unless he can come along and SHOW that every major manufacturer CONTINUEs to do super-long term HUGE expense cold-weather testing (as an example) of exisitng models for the entire model run - perhaps we shouldl call BS on what he is posting and claiming. (checks and balances you know)

Last time I checked, the manufacturers werer TOO BUSY testing the NEXT models to be caught up in ongoing and continual testing of the CURRENT models to the same depth and intensity as the NEW/FUTURE models.

Which negates ANY claim that just because tuners don't "ISO9000" test the "tuned" models they produce, they are inferior in any way shape of form.

As - uhm, lets see, repeated for dramatic effect - the manufacturer already took care of type and platform testing BEFORE they launched the new model, and we seldom if ever see the manufacturers subject mid-model changes to the same rigorous battery of tests we see the new/future models subjected to.....

Unless tforth can prove otherwise.

I am always willing to learn new stuff - so here is your chance to educate a simple stupid average enthusiast... I am willing to learn from the master.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote