View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #14
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL
Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Very, very cool, but not sub-zero.

Why is the mpg such a big deal?

4mpg is not what it gets in normal driving, that is track driving, so what do you expect from a 550hp car doing 0-60 in less than 4 sec, 30mpg? :roll:

If you took the mpg of any supercar while they were doing track driving, they would all be pretty bad, anyone should be able to tell that...and that definitely shouldn't be a reason for this car to be uncool, or if it is, it should be a reason for all supercars to be uncool.
Its true that all supercars have low MPG and i agree its no big thing, supercars should be impractical! Just i think Jeremy makes a big thing of it becasue i guess its tank is too small for his liking Anyway i'm going on the Jeremy factor- jeremy clarkson owns one therefore it is uncool

Didn't he sell his Ford GT?
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...7058_1,00.html
Anyways, that is besides your point. I believe the Ford GT deserves a uncool ranking. Why?

1) The styling is copied from the original waaaayyyyyy too much. At least add a little bit of creativty Ford!!
2) Due to this lack of creativity, I think the car has no soul. It doesn't show the hard work and passion that is supposed to go into a super car.
3) It's a Ford, sorry. A few of my friends drive Fords(Focus, Mustang, etc) and I am not impressed at all by their quality. I'm sure the GT is different from the Mustang in terms of quality, but...well, I don't know what I am trying to say.