View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 07:08 PM   #111
SamuraiGti
Regular User

The chief editor of Best Motoring (a famous japanese video show about cars), Motoharu Kurosawa, best known as "Gan-San", a 65-years old ex-pilot and racing legend in Japan, has recently bought a Carrera GT.

In a recent Best Motoring International issue, he drove the Carrera GT for the first time, in Suzuka circuit, and he seemed somewhat disappointed. He said things like:

"The car feels a bit heavy"
"The tires aren't responsive to weight transfer"
"The dampers on the car are too soft, not stiff enough for performance driving"
"Because the suspension is soft, the front feels heavy at corner entry"
"There is a lot of weight transfer"
"I wish the front turned into corners better, the tires need to be more performance oriented"
"The car doesn't feel like it really has 612 horsepower under the hood"
"Comparing to the high cornering capabilities of the NSX-R [his car before he got the Carrera GT], you can definitely feel the heavy weight of this car"
"It feels heavier than the catalogue 1300 kg"
"I can tell you for sure that the overall performance is excellent, but my first impression is that the car is very conservative"

Since you've already driven the CGT by yourself too, I would like you to comment the affirmations of Mr. Kurosawa.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote