View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #23
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
he says it's kingsville

one thing that bothers me is that if he is at some "naval air station" that means he is a sailor right? that I know of, sailors hang around on ships on deployment, not on land in Iraq, unless he is a marine, but I'd expect a US marine to be a person of honor and not make all of this seem like a huge scam
There are stories (maybe just stories, and nothing substantial) of military personnel buying cars oversees and shipping them back only to find out that it's illegal here.

Then again, it could also be part of the scam. I say if you are really committed to it, then ask for more info, VIN and photos like the guys above me asked. You can also ask for specific pictures that only he could take if he had the car, like how on JW/MW, they made you take custom pics when posting on "What you drive" section. And ask how he expects to be paid. Online? Credit card? Checks? Etc... Don't be rash. It really does smell fishy.

I'd just walk away though. Not worth the trouble. No one who owns a legit R34 wouldn't know how much it would be worth. And we all know it's worth more than $3500.