View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #9
allanlambo
Regular User

Originally Posted by a007apl
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Who do you think will win...SLR Or lp640?
Thats my video, and there are a few things you need to know. Number 1, Rob from Superspeeders and I filmed that video going uphill at almost a 3000ft elevation in 110 degree heat on 91 octane gas. The Lp640 was filmed in Ney York, going slightly downhill, on a 80 degree day on 93 octane gas. The video was meant to get the guys on my board excited.

The truth is, the SLR is substantially faster than the Lp640. 2 different people who own both cars have already raced the 2, and SLR pulls the Lp640 pretty hard. From what i have seen so far, and we will hopefully try this this weekend, you can start the SLR in comfort mode (means the car starts from a dead stop in 2nd gear instead of 1st) and after the Lp640 gets a slight jump, the SLR catches and passes it. In 1st gear, the Lp640 has no chance.

A few of the cars we have alreay raced with the SLR:

575 AWHP approx 640crank HP 996TT The Porsche has STage 5 engine mods, running race gas and meth injection. Owner is a good friend of mine, we have run several times. SLR wins everytime.

640rwhp Ford GT, raced several times, each time his nose was on my rear bumper. He did have a passanger, I was alone, otherwise inmo, the race would have been very close.

660rwhp Porsche GT2, owner has run this car in the mid 10's at 137mph in the 1/4. In a race from 40-140mph, he was approx 2 cars ahead of me, and would have most likely continued to pull away a little bit more.

575AWHP Porsche 997TT, in a 60-160mph race, the SLR has a very slight advantage pulling maybe 1/2 a car length.

The SLR pulls harder than its numbers suggest, as the numbers are achieved with the traction control on, which doesnt allow the car to make full power to approx 60mph.
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
allanlambo is offline   Reply With Quote