View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #17
Shinigami
Regular User

The problem I have with this is that everyone assumes that they ALL have the problem. I read everyday a post on a forum with someone saying to another person "don't buy a benz, you'll have electrical problems all the time" and this is not true.

There are of course cars which will have problems, and this goes for every brand of car, even Lexus.

It is well known that the first "production year" is the worst and most bound to have bugs, but if those problems are identified and fixed, will the car really have problems "all of it's life"?

For example, my dad had an Alfa Romeo, which although a very nice car, had constant problems. But here's the catch, it was always something different! One day the brakes would stop working, and then it would be the aircon, and so on... After many years, he sold it, still with problems on it that were never identified.

So are the problems with MB recurring problems, or random problems which rear their ugly head at inopportune moments? Because from what it would seem, everyone assumes it's immediately a problem with every single car made by the company, and from there the circle goes on and on...

Basically, it has become synonumous with MB. Everyone just likes to jump on MB's back because it's good to see a once great giant go down. It seems to make everyone feel so good... yet they all seem to forget that if it wasn't for Karl Benz, the world first automobile would not have been made.

There's a lot more "MB hate" then there is for any other car maker, and I don't quite understand why. I think they make perfectly good cars, and not all of them immediately fail

Nobody seems to care that BMW's sometimes rip their chassis or the engine in the M5 or M3 blow up or break a pipe, or that a Ferrari engine might simply drop from the engine bay to the floor, or basically, anything badged by GM has bad fit and finish and knobs that fall in your hands, etc... etc... the only one anyone ever talks about as having problems is "MB... avoid them at all costs". It's their loss...