View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #12
ikon2003
Regular User

My 2 cents: B&O is some nice stuff, but the prices aren't justified. IMO, it's too expensive for what you're getting. Sure, they do some very innovative things, but it's not an acoustic revolution.

BeoLab5 stand out in my mind. Not only do they use top of the line materials and engineering, but they look f'ing cool. They definitely sound good (the BeoLabs anyway. I haven't heard the much else) but to pay that much money for speakers is not worth it if you're only going for SQ. (You could get equally good if not better SQ for a fraction of the cost if you really wanted to. It would just have less sex appeal, and have a more complicated layout).

So who would buy top of the line B&O? Very rich people that value style just as much as/more than they do acoustics. Their mid-line products blend into the market much better tho, and those are more easily justifiable.

Edit: B&W (makes Nautilus) i have similar views on, but i'm actually more in favor of them. They don't put up these chi-chi stores in high end real estate areas trying to sell on hype and image like B&O does. B&O i think is more successful as a company, partly cuz their image, but I mite have more respect for B&W. Honsetly tho, I don't kno enuf to make firm decisions - both those companies are way outside of my budget.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote