View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 AM   #238
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Originally Posted by lakatu
Thanks ae86_16v for reading the article and liking it enough to request more.

I actually started out writing the final article with some concepts in mind and while doing additional research, discovered that I was wrong about some of those ideas. That combined with what appeared to be relatively little interest in the subject by others caused me to abandon the final article. Besides I struggled to find the time to write the article.

At this point I would say I don't think that there will be a final article. But you never know.

In regards to your question about model designation, st-anger addressed that question here http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...ight=999#32232 There also may have been another discussion about that topic. You might be able to find that using the search feature. It certainly is an interesting situation.
Lakatu - Yeah, I enjoyed reading about your thoughts. But it felt like you were just giving the introduction into your piece and it did not feel like you really express or presented the entire arguement.

So, I for one, am looking forward to continueing the series .

And let us know what you thought was wrong and how you came about it. It should definitely be an interesting piece.

In regards to the Model Designation, St. Anger said it is mostly marketing anyways. But we still have at least 2 more models to go, which makes it another 11 years.

Which brings me to another question, Porsche doesn't have designated new model cycles do they? It looks like a quick search on Google shows arbitrary ranges of model cycles. Although both the 993 and the 996 lasted 6 years each. But the 964 lasted only 5 years, and so on and so forth.

Is there a reason why?
I'm guessing it comes down to market demand. If everyone built a 3200lb 450bhp+ car then the 997 would probably have to be developed within 5 years. It also depends if they can actually match the 911 - even with those kinds of figures.